mercredi 4 septembre 2013

Welcome to World Language Exploratory!

Welcome students and parents 
to the World Language Exploratory class!

First, let me just say how excited I am to be teaching this class! Today, I met all of my students and was impressed with their enthusiasm and respect for me and for each other. We are off to a great start!

I want to clarify a small point regarding class supplies, as I've already had a few questions... Students should get a 3-ring notebook with pockets. We will be looking at three languages in depth this year, so I would like students to have a place for notes about each one.

Information on grading is available on this website (see the Grading Information tab above), and all students were given a handout today with information on joining our Schoology.com class page, where I will be posting specific information about assignments as well as class notes. If your child was absent today, please see have them see me on Monday.

This year, we will begin with an overview of the languages of the world... How many languages are there? Why does language matter? Why isn't English enough? We will then move on to more detailed study of Latin, then Spanish, then French. In between each language unit, we will spend some time on mini-units about Chinese culture.

At the end of the year, students will be ready to make an informed decision about which language they would like to study for 7th and 8th grade: French, Latin, Mandarin Chinese, or Spanish. And I hope they will be excited to learn more!

Please email me with any questions or concerns: critz@arlington.k12.ma.us. I absolutely love teaching and I love languages... here's to a great year!

Ms. Ritz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire